Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 48 mal aufgerufen
 Torwache
zhanjiao1212 Offline

16.07.2018 04:22
has shown promise after the start of his career was derailed by Antworten

In the end, Corey Conners just couldnt get past the last match. Custom Titans Jerseys . Despite a valiant effort over 35 holes, the Canadian came up just short in the final of the U.S. Amateur, losing 2 & 1 to South Koreas Gunn Yang. It was the second time in two weeks that a Canadian golfer had reached the final of an American championship. Last Sunday, Brooke Henderson lost the final of the womens championship. “It was a long day, fun match,” Conners said after accepting the runner-up medal. “Pretty tough fought. It was hard to win holes. Birdies are hard to come by out here and Gunn played fantastic golf.” Conners was never up in the match, losing the first two holes of the day. It was a bit of an uncharacteristic opening for Conners, who is generally good at hitting fairways and greens. He was in nine bunkers over the first 18, which prompted some good-natured ribbing from pal and caddie Taylor Pendrith. “He was making fun of me because he had to rake all those bunkers,” Conners chuckled. “He said his limit on the second 18 was going to be five.” After the first 18, hed managed to cut Yangs lead in half. When the duo returned for the second 18, Conners quickly put the contest to all square with a birdie on the first hole. However Yang birdied six and seven and never looked back, eventually closing Conners out on the 35th-hole. “It stings a little bit to lose the final match, but [I] played some good golf today,” said Conners, who received congratulatory messages from Graham DeLaet and Marlene Streit, among others. “Just wasnt meant to be.” Conners admitted that his game in the final wasnt as sharp as what got him through the previous five matches. He said he simply couldnt get putts to drop despite putting good rolls on the ball. “I thought I hit nice putts,” he said. “They just slipped by and that was kind of frustrating not to have any of those drop and win some holes.” After losing in the semi-final last year, there is some consolation for Conners this year. His finish earns him spots in the Masters and the U.S. Open. The only catch is that he has to remain an amateur. While never firm in his plans, Conners admitted earlier this year that he was looking at turning professional after the World Team Amateur Championships in September. “The next eight or nine months, Im not too sure whats going to happen,” said Conners, who was cheered on by a large contingent from his home club in Listowel, Ont. “I have some planning to do, but yeah, I dont know. I havent really thought about that too much.” Despite making it so far and then falling just short, Conners was still happy with his performance. “It feels great, and I know looking back on last year, how special of a week it was and Im sure it will be the same thing this week," he said. "Pretty proud and happy with my play and was an exciting week.” Xavier Sua-Filo Jersey . Indeed, must be among the greatest challenges in all of sports. The pressure he applies, from set to set, game to game, point to point, shot to shot. Harold Landry Jersey . Bring on Freddy Garcia. The well-travelled 36-year-old right-hander earned his second NL victory since 2007, and his first since he joined the Atlanta Braves last month, pitching six innings to help beat Miami 6-1 Thursday. http://www.titansstoreonline.com/Black-11-Luke-Falk-Womens-Jersey/ . It was the quickest three-goal sequence in Olympic history, with the latter two coming just eight seconds apart. Kessel, Lamoureux and Kendall Coyne all scored twice for the Americans, and Molly Schaus made 10 saves in her Sochi debut.ALAMEDA, Calif. - Oakland Raiders cornerback Keith McGills struggled to get on track his rookie season because of injuries and the time it takes to adjust to the NFL.McGill played just 18 defensive snaps over the first 14 games as he was relegated mostly to special teams duty when he was healthy. With starting cornerbacks Tarell Brown and Carlos Rogers on injured reserve and backup Chimdi Chekwa injured last week, McGill finally got an opportunity to show what he can do.McGill fared well against the Buffalo Bills but now is in for the ultimate test in the regular-season finale when he must match up with Peyton Manning and his deep group of receivers on the Denver Broncos.I think every week weve gone against a pretty explosive receiver, McGill said. Obviously, this week going against Peyton Manning, it just adds a quarterback element in that picture, so whenever youre going to play against him, I think youre going to raise your game up. So with him and the receivers around him, I think were going to be ready for it.McGill, a fourth-round pick out of Utah, was expected to contribute as a rookie but was slowed by a groin injury that sidelined him for four games in the middle of the season.It took until the second-to-last game of the season for McGill to make a big contribution. He played 50 defensive snaps last week and allowed only one catch despite being matched up for part of the game with talented rookie Sammy Watkins.When you put a young guy in a game like that, they dont get the reps, they dont see the pictures, youre wondering how they are mentally, interim coach Tony Sparano said. It tells you that theyre paying attention in the meetings, it tells you that their coaches are doing a good job with them that way, but I was impressed with what Keith did that way.McGill said he spent the time on the sideline trying to learn from the veterans on the fieeld and did his best to keep up in the meeting rooms. Rashaan Evans Jersey. He acknowledged being a little winded during the game last week, but kept at it and hopes a performance like that will help prepare him for next season when he hopes to play much more.Its always going to be nice to get game reps and you just have to build off of whatever kind of foundation you have, he said. Mine is kind of late in the season, but those last two games, theyre going to be important and I just have to go in there and try to do my job as best as possible.McGill is one of three young cornerbacks the Raiders will look to build their defence around this off-season. Fellow rookie TJ Carrie, a seventh-round pick, has gotten ample playing time both outside and in the slot and has allowed just one touchdown pass against all season, according to Pro Football Focus.DJ Hayden, the teams first-round pick in 2013, has shown promise after the start of his career was derailed by injuries that limited him to eight games last year and forced him to miss the first six this season.As much as youd love to have Carlos Rogers and Tarell Brown and those guys out there, it gives you a chance to see the younger players and to see the guys that you drafted and to see some of those things happen and I think that the more that these kids are playing, the more comfortable they are out there, Sparano said. Ive been impressed with that group.NOTES: Pending free agent C Stefen Wisniewski said the Raiders made a few contract offers this season but did not meet his price so Sundays game could be his final with team. ... Carrie (ankle), LB Khalil Mack (hamstring) and RT Menelik Watson (foot, ankle) are questionable for Sunday. ... WR Vincent Brown (groin), WR Denarius Moore (knee, ankle) and Chekwa (hamstring) have been ruled out.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL China Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Stitched NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz