Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 55 mal aufgerufen
 Torwache
jokergreen0220 Offline

02.12.2019 04:41
LONDON -- Edmonton hopes to host another Commonwealth Games, officially throwing its hat into the bidding race for the 2022 Gam Antworten

LONDON -- Edmonton hopes to host another Commonwealth Games, officially throwing its hat into the bidding race for the 2022 Games. Discount Jerseys . The Alberta capital, which hosted the 1978 Commonwealth Games, will be up against Durban, South Africa. Dr. Andrew Pipe, president of Commonwealth Games Canada, said Edmonton is the logical choice. "Canada is the birthplace of the Commonwealth Games, with the British Empire Games held in Hamilton in 1930," Pipe said in a statement. The British Empire Games were the first of what came to be known as the Commonwealth Games. Both cities advised the Commonwealth Games Federation of their intentions Monday. Formal bid proposals are due in March 2015. CGF members will formally consider the bids at the Federations General Assembly in Auckland, N.Z., in September 2015. Canada has hosted the Games four times, with Vancouver playing host in 1954 and Victoria in 1994. Glasgow won the bid for this summers Games, beating Abuja, Nigeria in voting 47-24. Gold Coast, Australia beat Hambantota, Sri Lanka in bidding for the 2018 Games by a vote of 71-27. The Games have never been held in Africa. Edmonton hosted the World University Games in 1983, the 2001 world track and field championships, the 2005 World Masters Games and the 2006 Womens Rugby World Cup. Discount Jerseys Wholesale .Mila Kunis was a guest on Kimmel last night and revealed a surprising side of herself that comes out when she watches sports. It turns out screaming something vulgar at professional athletes is therapeutic for Kunis. Discount Jerseys USA .com) - The Toronto Maple Leafs will try to play spoiler as the Los Angeles Kings will try to match their longest winning streak in over four years in Thursdays battle at Staples Center. https://www.discountjerseysonline.com/ . - Gary Kubiak is John Elways No.SALT LAKE CITY -- The national player of the year is heading to Utah. The Jazz obtained Trey Burke in a draft night deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves, who selected the Michigan point guard with the ninth pick in exchange for Utahs two first-rounders. Burke was told hed go as high as second in the draft and he started getting nervous. "My mind was pretty much everywhere. I was just ready to figure out where I was going to finally end up. Now that Im at Utah, Im definitely thrilled for the opportunity," Burke said. Burke is a pure pick-and-roll player who was the consensus national player of the year as a sophomore after leading the Wolverines to the national championship game. As part of the deal, the Jazz took UCLA swingman Shabazz Muhammad at No. 14 and Louisville centre and Senegal native Gorgui Dieng at No. 21 for the Timberwolves. Also, a person with knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press that the Nuggets traded Frenchman Rudy Gobert, whom they selected with the 27th pick, to the Jazz for cash and the 46th pick. The Jazz missed out on the playoffs for the second time in three years last season and have a young core of players that includes Alec Burks, Gordon Hayward, Enes Kanter and Derrick Favours that should benefit from the arrival of Burke. The Jazz have just six players on the roster with guaranteed contracts for 2013-14, none of them point guards. Burke won the Bob Cousy Award given annually to the nations best point guard. He averaged 18.6 points and 6.7 assists last season when he led the Wolverines to their first Final Four since 1993. Burke, who is small for an NBA guard at 6-foot-1, is known as a playmaker and often played his best in big gammes. Discount Jerseys For Sale. He took care of the ball with a 3-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio while crafting a reputation as one of college basketballs finest passers but his size may have led to his slide on the draft board. "I think the type of player that I am, I definitely get motivated by things like that," Burke said. "Teams passing up on me. Not knowing what to expect at the end of the day. So I definitely think it will motivate me." Scouts say Burke is most proficient running an offence featuring the pick-and-roll, a staple of the Jazz offence since the days of John Stockton and Karl Malone. "I know I have some really good shooters around me," Burke said. "I think with the guys that the Jazz already have, we can get up and down the floor as well. But I think Im going to be a guy thats going to bring the winning mentality to the team, that can make plays." The crowd watching the draft at Energy Solutions Arena stood and cheered when the trade was announced. In the first draft with general manager Dennis Lindsey at the helm, the Jazz made a bold move to fill a need. Lindsey, who was the assistant general manager for the San Antonio Spurs for five seasons before moving to the Jazz last season, brought nearly 70 players into Salt Lake City for workouts in the weeks before the draft in an unprecedented commitment to pre-draft, customized evaluations. Burke, however, was not one of those who made a visit to Utah. Once he arrives, the Jazz hope he makes an immediate impact. Gobert, on the other hand, may need a period of development before he brings his 7-foot-9 wingspan (the longest ever recorded at the NBA draft combine) and rebounding skills to Utah. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz