Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 34 mal aufgerufen
 Torwache
jokergreen0220 Offline

09.09.2019 05:43
BANGKOK - The 2022 Winter Olympics will remain in the traditional February time slot and will not be moved to make way for a res Antworten

BANGKOK - The 2022 Winter Olympics will remain in the traditional February time slot and will not be moved to make way for a rescheduled World Cup in Qatar, the head of the worlds national Olympic committees said Thursday. Mike McGlinchey Womens Jersey .FIFA is currently considering moving the World Cup to avoid the summer heat in Qatar, including a possible shift to January-February — a period that would clash with the Olympics.Sheikh Ahmad Al-Fahad Al-Sabah, president of the Association of National Olympic Committees, said the Winter Games arrangements are already locked in and the onus is on the World Cup to avoid clashing with the Olympics rather than the other way around.Sheikh Ahmad, a powerful IOC member who also heads Asias Olympic association, said the World Cup timing is an issue for FIFA and not the International Olympic Committee.The Olympics should be maintained, Sheikh Ahmad said. The IOC will maintain their time because we already have been committed, the organizers have been organized, the broadcasting, the marketing partners.The IOC has repeatedly said that it has assurances from FIFA President Sepp Blatter that the two events will not clash.FIFA said Monday it was targeting two options for moving the World Cup — January-February and November-December. The January-February option is favoured by FIFAs confederations. European soccer clubs prefer April-May.Sheikh Ahmad said he is confident that FIFA will ensure that the World Cup and Olympics do not overlap.They are the best two events in the world, he told a small group of reporters on the sidelines of ANOC meetings in Bangkok. (FIFA) will analyze this and they will try to come up with the best solution how they will make it without touching each other, achieving the interest of each.Somebody is talking about January and February before the games, somebody speaking about October and November and others asking to maintain in August. Let the commission do their homework, but I am 100 per cent confident they will never be at the same time.Beijing and the Kazakhstan city of Almaty are the only two remaining bidders for 2022 after several cities dropped out of the running. They will give formal presentations to the ANOC assembly on Friday.The opposition to the World Cup being hosted in Qatars summer heat had also been regarded as diminishing the chances of a Middle East country hosting the summer games in 2024 or beyond.Sheikh Ahmad, who is from Kuwait, said that was an issue that will be addressed as part of the IOCs Olympic Agenda 2020 reforms. The reforms will be voted on at a special IOC assembly in Monaco next month.The ANOC chief said there needs to be more flexibility over the timing of the Summer Olympics to broaden the list of candidate cities. He cited Dubai and Doha as examples of Middle East cities that could host the 2024 Games.(Dubai) is capable. They dont have to do anything, only the sporting facility, Sheikh Ahmad said. They have the airport, the hotel, the accommodation, the name, the tourism. We have capable cities in our region which can bid for the games whenever they want.This is something we have to discuss in the 2020 agenda. We have to respect the south zone of the world. When we did it in Sydney, we did it in October. We have to put two periods of time: one achieves the north and one achieves the south.He said Doha, which bid for the 2016 and 2020 Olympics but failed to make the list of finalists both times, could be successful next time.The last time (Dohas bid failed) I dont know why it was, because they had almost all the federations accept the time change. Only maybe one federation gave disapproval, Sheikh Ahmad said. In any case, Doha is now in a position better than the last few years. If ever they will go again, I think they will be on the short list. George Kittle Womens Jersey .com) - James van Riemsdyk had two goals with one assist to help the Toronto Maple Leafs to a 5-2 win over the Columbus Blue Jackets on Friday night. Dwight Clark 49ers Jersey . "No difference at all," chirped U.S. roommate and linemate James van Riemsdyk. "Its still the same cranky Phil. http://www.49ersrookiestore.com/49ers-Dante-Pettis-Jersey/ . Cain departed in the fourth inning of a 10-5 loss to the Pirates on Thursday. X-rays on Cains bruised forearm were negative. He was hit when Sanchez led off the fourth with a groundout.MIAMI -- Marcell Ozuna came into Wednesday nights game mired in a slump. He was 3 for 24 in the previous nine games, but hit a grand slam and knocked in five runs to help power the Miami Marlins past the Philadelphia Phillies 14-5. "He needed that," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said. "He needed to lock it in and have a couple good at-bats. Hes definitely had some struggles this month. ... Hopefully this is a spark for him and a spark for us." Christian Yelich, Garrett Jones, and Jarrod Saltalamacchia each drove in two runs for the Marlins, who have the best home record (18-6) in baseball. Nathan Eovaldi (3-2) allowed three runs--one earned--and 10 hits in six innings to pick up the win. "I felt command," Eovaldi said. "I had better command of my fastball this outing and I was able to make the big pitches when I needed to." Ozunas first career grand slam and seventh home run of the season broke the game open in the seventh inning. Miami led 6-3 with two outs before Jeff Manship loaded the bases and Ozuna smacked a pitch over the left-field wall for a 10-3 lead. "When I saw the pitch, I said, I got it. Let me not make a mistake. Just make contact," Ozuna said. Phillies starter Kyle Kendrick (0-5) came into the game with a 10-game winning streak against the Marlins, but lost his 10th consecutive game overall. Kendrick allowed six runs in 5 2-3 innings. "I wasnt good at all, falling behind in counts, missing over the plate, my fastball command wasnt very good," Kendrick said. "Guys scored runs and I gave it right back to them and thats whats frustrating." Domonic Brown homered and drove in three runs for the Phillies, who had their three-game wwinning streak snapped. Joe Montana Jersey. Browns two-run home run pulled Philadelphia within 10-5, but Miami scored four runs in the eighth to post their highest run total of the season. Miami slugger Giancarlo Stanton came up with a pivotal defensive play in the fifth inning. With the bases loaded and the Marlins holding onto a 5-3 lead, Cody Asche hit a line drive to the right-centre field gap that looked as if it would clear the bases. Stanton raced to his right making a diving back-handed catch to end the inning. "The great catch in right-centre field was a game-changing play," Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg said. "That was potentially a 6-5 lead and a whole different type of a game." The Phillies scored two unearned runs in the first and the Marlins responded with two in the bottom half. After Stanton drove in a run on a ground out to give Miami a 3-2 lead, Tony Gwynn, Jr. singled to tie the game at 3 in the fourth for Philadelphia. Miami took the lead for good in the bottom of the fourth on RBI singles by Ozuna and Yelich for a 5-3 advantage. NOTES: After the game the Marlins optioned RHP Anthony DeSclafani to Triple-A New Orleans. LHP Randy Wolf (0-0, 1.80) will take DeSclafanis spot in the rotation and start Sunday against Milwaukee. ... The Marlins are averaging 6.0 runs at home compared to 3.4 on the road. ... Phillies SS Jimmy Rollins tied Richie Ashburn (2,217) for the second-most hits in franchise history. ... Kendricks 10-game winning streak against the Marlins was the longest active streak by any pitcher in MLB against one team. ... Philadelphia will send LHP Cole Hamels (1-2, 4.40) to the mound in Thursdays series finale against Marlins RHP Henderson Alvarez (2-3, 3.62). ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz