Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 34 mal aufgerufen
 Torwache
jokergreen0220 Offline

07.09.2019 04:59
TORONTO -- Brian Burke is not concerned about bullying in the Calgary Flames dressing room. [url=http://www.officialindianapolis Antworten

TORONTO -- Brian Burke is not concerned about bullying in the Calgary Flames dressing room. Parris Campbell Youth Jersey . The teams president of hockey operations has a no-hazing policy -- and always has. The issue of bullying in pro sports locker-rooms has taken centre stage recently after Miami Dolphins offensive linemen Jonathan Martin left the team amid accusations he had been harassed by teammate Richie Incognito. During a keynote address at the PrimeTime Sports Management Conference on Tuesday, Burke was asked whether his team has had to implement any changes as a result of the Dolphins case. "We already have a no-hazing policy," said Burke, who was hired by the Flames in September. "I mean when I was a rookie in the American (Hockey) League, I got shaved, I got initiated and all that stuff. Ive seen that happen to a lot of guys and I thought it was really stupid at the time. So weve never allowed hazing on any of my teams, even when I was an assistant GM back in 87 with Pat Quinn (in Vancouver). "No rookie initiations, no shaving, no physical abuse whatsoever. One of the forms of abuse (elsewhere) is to make the rookies (pay) a huge tab for a rookie dinner, where it costs them 15 to 20 grand. We have a cap of $5,000 on the rookie dinner. No rookie can pay more than $5,000. Theres no physical abuse, no racial abuse, no homophobic abuse. So Im not worried about having that situation on our team." Burke had a brief pro career as a player in the American Hockey League before going to law school. He won a Calder Cup with the Maine Mariners in 1978. "Now I know as a player, if I felt I was getting bullied, I know what Id do -- Id end it right there in the dressing room," Burke said. "Whether I wanted to fight or not, Id fight the guy. Im amazed that this has gotten to where it is without the players dealing with this." Martin, a second-year pro, left the Dolphins two weeks ago. His lawyer has alleged Martin was harassed daily by teammates, including Incognito, who has been suspended. Incognito is white and Martin is biracial. Teammates both black and white have said Incognito is not a racist, and theyve been more supportive of the veteran guard than they have of Martin. Burke said on occasion he would confront teammates if he thought they were being timid during a game. "I have gotten right in their face and cursed at them and said, You better stop worrying about what this (opponent) is going to do to you and you better start worrying about what I might do to you if you dont get going here," he said. "Now is that bullying in the middle of the game when you think a guy is losing courage and youre trying to buck him up? Is that bullying? To me its not." Burke added that players often work things out on their own. "In our (game), Ive had coaches grab me, Ive had teammates grab me and Ive grabbed teammates during games and during practice," he said. "Ive fought teammates in practice that I thought were disrespectful to the coach, I fought them in practice. "I wont apologize for that. Thats not bullying, thats a team sorting things out." Burke, a former player agent, has had a long career as a hockey executive. The 58-year-old native of Providence, R.I., joined the Canucks as director of hockey operations in 1987 and later served as general manager of the team. He also worked as a GM in Toronto, Hartford and Anaheim. Burke has also worked at the NHLs head office and in an executive capacity for USA Hockey. He was GM of the American mens team that won silver at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver. Burke is director of player personnel for the squad that will play at the 2014 Games in Sochi, Russia. -- With files from The Associated Press Parris Campbell Jersey . "Weve given ourselves now a tougher task," said Carlyle after the Friday practice, the Toronto head coach notably chipper and upbeat throughout. "But the bottom line is we just have to win our share of games [and] not worry about what anybody else is doing. Khari Willis Jersey . This week they discuss the Philadelphia 76ers, Gregg Popovich, Royal and Ancient Golf Club and Bill Belichick. http://www.officialindianapoliscoltspro.com/Devin-funchess-colts-jersey/ . After rookie right-hander Alex Colome excelled in a 5-2 victory in the opener, the Rays fell to Chris Tillman and the Orioles 4-1 on Friday night. PORTLAND, Ore. -- Damian Lillard had 32 points and the short-handed Portland Trail Blazers rallied to beat the Minnesota Timberwolves 108-97 on Sunday night. Thomas Robinson had 14 points and a career-high 18 rebounds for Portland, which won its second straight after a three-game slump. Kevin Love scored 31 for Minnesota, which had won three in a row. It was Loves franchise-best fifth straight game with 30 or more points. The Blazers played without All-Star forward LaMarcus Aldridge, who missed his third straight game with a groin injury. After trailing by as many as 18 points in the first half, Nicolas Batums fast-break layup gave Portland an 84-80 lead going into the fourth quarter. After Robinsons basket, Victor Claver dunked to extend the lead to 88-80. It was more of the same as the Blazers continued to attack. Robinson, who sparked the second-half comeback, blocked Corey Brewers shot on one end, Claver grabbed the rebound and Will Barton broke free for a dunk that gave Portland a 92-83 lead. Lillards 3-pointer made it 105-91 with 4:14 left, and Timberwolves coach Rick Adelman took Love out with 3:36 to go. The Timberwolves were coming off a 121-104 victory at Utah on Saturday night. Love led the way with 37 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists for his first career triple-double. Love presented a significant matchup problem for the Blazers with Aldridge sidelined by a left groin strain. Aldridge, who averages a team-high 23.9 points and 11.4 rebounds, is expected to be re-evaluated in the next few days. Aldridge wasnnt the only Blazer hurting: The team was also without forward Joel Freeland because of a right knee sprain and centre Meyers Leonard because of a left ankle sprain. Andrew Luck Womens Jersey. Love finished with 10 rebounds. The Timberwolves continued to miss centre Nikola Pekovic because of a sore right ankle and Kevin Martin because of a fractured bone in his left thumb. Love got off to a fast start with seven points as the Timberwolves built an early 18-9 lead. By the end of the opening quarter, Love had 13. Minnesota extended the lead to 43-28 early in the second quarter on Shabazz Muhammads short jumper. The Timberwolves stretched the lead to 52-34 after a short jumper and a pair of free throws from J.J. Barea. Portland then got back into the game with an 18-8 run capped by Robinsons two layups and Nicolas Batums 3-pointer, closing the gap to 60-52 at the half. A pair of 3-pointers from Lillard and Batum put Portland in front 74-73. It was short-lived and Love drained a 3 to give Minnesota an 80-76 lead before the Blazers furious fourth-quarter surge. Portland was coming off a 102-94 victory over the Jazz on Friday night. Lillard had 28 points, including 14 in the fourth quarter. NOTES: Love is from Lake Oswego, just outside of Portland. ... Adelman coached the Blazers from 1989-94, guiding the team to two Western Conference titles. ... Love has at least 25 points and 10 rebounds in 10 straight games, the longest run of 25-10 games since Shaquille ONeal had 13 in a row in 2001. ... Love has an NBA-high 47 double-doubles. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz