Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 37 mal aufgerufen
 Torwache
jokergreen0220 Offline

26.08.2019 08:30
INDIANAPOLIS -- With a fifth Brickyard 400 victory on the line Sunday, Jeff Gordon looked like the driver he was 20 years ago. [ Antworten

INDIANAPOLIS -- With a fifth Brickyard 400 victory on the line Sunday, Jeff Gordon looked like the driver he was 20 years ago. Tyler Naquin Indians Jersey . Gordon nailed the final restart of the race -- no given because restarts have been Gordons Achilles heel -- to pass Hendrick Motorsports teammate Kasey Kahne with 17 laps remaining at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. His power move from the outside lane past Kahne put Gordon out front for good, and he kicked it into cruise control for a NASCAR-record fifth victory at historic Indy. The win came on the 20th anniversary celebration of Gordons win in the inaugural Brickyard 400, and on "Jeff Gordon Day" as declared by the Mayor of Indianapolis. "I told him this morning that this was his day," said team owner Rick Hendrick. The win moved Gordon into a tie with Michael Schumacher, whose five Formula One victories at Indy had been the gold standard. "God, I finally had the restart of my life," Gordon screamed on his radio. Hed botched one earlier in the race, and the four-time NASCAR champion has struggled with restarts for some years. So when a late caution gave Gordon one last shot at Kahne, who dominated and led a race-high 70 laps, Gordon and his No. 24 team knew the driver was in control of his own destiny. Crew chief Alan Gustafson talked fuel mileage with the driver -- Gordon had enough to get to the finish, and Kahne was cutting it close -- but Gustafson said nothing about the pressure looming over the final restart. "The restart is going to be the race, really," Gustafson conceded in a television interview moments before the field went green. Nobody had any reason to worry as Gordon nailed it when he needed it most. "Im not very good on restarts and wasnt very good today, and I finally made the restart of my life when it counted most," Gordon said in Victory Lane. "I knew we had a great race car, we just needed to get out front." Kahne plummeted to fifth after the restart, then ran out of gas on the final lap and had to nurse his car home to a sixth-place finish. He said he erred in picking the inside line for the restart. "I should have chosen the top (lane), obviously," he said. "I pretty much let Jeff control that last restart. I thought I made the right decision." Kyle Busch finished second, 2.325 seconds behind Gordon, and was followed by Joe Gibbs Racing teammates Denny Hamlin and Matt Kenseth. "It is just a small victory, were still just inching our way there," Hamlin said about JGRs strong run. Joey Logano was fifth in the highest-finishing car from Team Penske, which brought Juan Pablo Montoya to the race in an effort to get the win. Roger Penske has won a record 15 Indianapolis 500s, but is winless in the Brickyard. Montoya was never a factor and finished 23rd. Kyle Larson, who grew up a Gordon fan, finished seventh and likened Gordons win on Sunday to Dale Earnhardt Jr.s season-opening win in the Daytona 500. "To see Jeff Gordon win is pretty special -- its kind of like Junior winning the 500 this year," Larson said. Kevin Harvick, the polesitter and the driver with the car most everyone thought would be tough to beat, was eighth and followed by Earnhardt and rookie Austin Dillon. Carl Edwards finished 15th hours after Roush-Fenway Racing finally confirmed he was leaving the team at the end of the season. Gordon, who won NASCARs first race at storied Indy in 1994, also won the Brickyard in 1998, 2001 and 2004. There had been a lot of fanfare leading up to this race, though, as speedway officials celebrated Gordons 20th anniversary win, who was 23 when he picked up just his second career victory. Eight days short of his 43rd birthday and the father of two young children, Gordon has 90 victories, third on the career list. A tinge of grey at his temples, and his hat on backward, Gordon said it took extreme focus over the final 10 laps not to prematurely celebrate and cough away the win. It meant tuning out the crowd, which was on its feet and cheering him to the finish. "I was trying not to let it get to me and not think about it too much," he said. "And yet you cant help it. Its such a big place and such an important victory and a crucial moment in the season and the championship, and those emotions take over. "This one is for all those fans throughout the years and all weekend long -- theyre saying We believe you can get (championship) number five. We got (Brickyard) No. 5!" Satchel Paige Jersey .com) - The Detroit Pistons and Boston Celtics both entered Wednesday nights game riding lengthy losing streaks. Francisco Lindor Jersey . A-Rod is also disqualified from any post-season play. So at the tender age of 38, he will miss all of next season. As a result of missing the coming season, hes also out $25 million (which coincidentally is my hourly rate). http://www.indianssale.com/indians-kenny-lofton-jersey/ . For the Miami Heat, that was outstanding news. LeBron James scored the last of his 32 points on a layup that put Miami up for good with 11.TORONTO -- England striker Jermain Defoe is a test for any MLS defence. He is nigh unstoppable against the leagues worst. The 31-year-old dangerman set up two goals and scored two himself as Toronto FC rallied from a 2-0 deficit to defeat the slumping Houston Dynamo 4-2 on Saturday night. Defoe played provider for Jonathan Osorio and Dominic Oduro in the first half then scored himself in the 63rd and 89th minutes to help Toronto (7-5-3) snap a three-game winless streak. Defoe, who has 10 goals in 12 league games, was a one-man wrecking crew in a wide-open entertaining game. "It helps having a world-class player like Defoe any time, to tell you the truth," said manager Ryan Nelsen. "But in times like this (going down early) yes, because you know youre going to get chances and you just hope they get taken. And when youve got a player of that ability, they get taken. "Our attacking guys got the boys at the back out of a bit of trouble. Because we dug ourselves a bit of a hole. But having said that, after 90-odd minutes, it was a proper team performance with a lot of character." Brad Davis scored twice in the first half for Houston (5-11-3), which has conceded a league-worst 38 goals this season, before an announced sellout of 22,591 at BMO Field. The two teams combined for 30 shots, with each managing eight on target. Toronto goalie Joe Bendik helped the home side comeback with some key saves in the second half. "The crowd got their money worth, didnt they," said Nelsen, who clearly could have done without some of the early drama. "We came out slow, very slow." Houston coach Dominic Kinnear saw it from the other side. "Good start and then we made some mistakes that they were more than happy to take advantage of." Somewhat amazingly, the win marked the first time in club history that Toronto has overcome a two-goal deficit to win in league play. It also marked only the third time in club history that the team has scored four unanswered goals (it happened before in a 4-1 win over D.C. United on Sept. 28, 2013, and a 4-0 victory over FC Dallas on June 17, 2007). The four goals also tied a Toronto franchise record. Houston went ahead in the 13th minute, taking advantage of some Brazil-type defending by Toronto. English forward Giles Barnes waltzed past Osorio, Doneil Henry and Mark Bloom before feeding an open Davis, whose hard left-footed shot from inside the penalty box beat Bendik. The home side paid for some more poor defending in the 29th minute as Bloom and Steven Caldwell both went for -- and missed -- a Barnes cross, leaving Davis all alone at the side of the goal. Toronto pulled one back in the 39th minute when Hall fumbled a Defoe cross. The ball fell kindly to Osorio who, thanks to an opportune move towards goal, knocked it in with his head. Brad Miller Jersey. Defoe played provider again on a counter-attack in first-half stoppage time after Barnes cut through the Toronto defence before losing possession and going down. While he lay face first on the turf, Osorio found Defoe on a three-on-two and the English forward slid the ball to an open Oduro on the right. Oduros first shot was blocked by Hall but he made no mistake with the rebound to register his 47th career MLS goal -- and first for Toronto. Defoe capped off a stylish attack to make it 3-2 in the 63rd minute after Brazilian winger Jackson backheeled the ball to Osorio, who found Defoe. Spurning a teammate on his left, Defoe accelerated past two Houston defenders and sent the ball through Halls legs. "It was a simple pass to Defoe ... Thats what happens when you have a star player like that up front," said Osorio. Defoe then pounced on an errant back pass from substitute Servando Carrasco late in the game to come in all alone on goal. The beleaguered Hall got a piece of his first shot but Defoe calmly went past him to knock the ball in. "It was like Christmas, man," said Defoe, flashing a smile. "I just couldnt believe it." Defoe had almost scored in the 29th minute but Hall palmed his free kick over the bar. The loss extended the Dynamos winless streak to seven games -- a 1-6 stretch that saw them outscored 19-4 and set a club goalless record streak of 480 minutes. Houston has not won in the league since May 17 (a 1-0 victory over the Los Angeles Galaxy). "Pretty disappointed, being up two goals we were in the driver seat," said Davis. "We are just letting too many goals in. We are just getting scored on a little too easy." The Dynamo are 1-8-1 on the road this season, scoring seven goals while conceding 24. The two team meets again next Saturday in Houston, after Toronto hosts the Vancouver Whitecaps in a midweek game. Caldwell may be in doubt for that midweek game after exiting in the 69th minute with a quad injury. A full-page ad in local papers welcomed the return of Toronto star midfielder Michael Bradley but Nelsen kept the U.S. international out of practice during the week in a bid to rest some niggling injuries. Bradley, who played some 60 minutes last week, did not even make the bench Saturday. The Dynamo have suffered in midfield from an injury to Ricardo Clark (concussion) and the World Cup absences of American Davis and Honduran Boniek Garcia. All three were back Saturday for the second game in a row. Saturday also marked the return of injured Houston defenders Jermaine Taylor (hip contusion) and David Horst (groin). Houston collected five yellow cards to Torontos one. Taylors yellow card means he faces a suspension. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz