Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 42 mal aufgerufen
 Torwache
jokergreen0220 Offline

07.08.2019 08:03
MIAMI -- As Henderson Alvarez discussed his two-hit victory in the Miami Marlins clubhouse, teammate Jose Fernandez served as a Antworten

MIAMI -- As Henderson Alvarez discussed his two-hit victory in the Miami Marlins clubhouse, teammate Jose Fernandez served as a translator. Patrick Peterson Youth Jersey . The performance actually spoke for itself. Alvarez won for the first time since his no-hitter to end the 2013 season, helping Miami beat the Seattle Mariners 7-0 Saturday. The Venezuelan faced only 28 batters, one over the minimum. "It was amazing," praised Fernandez, who watched from the dugout with other Marlins pitchers. "From the first inning he was locating his pitches well. We were all sitting together, so it was exciting watching him throw like that." Alvarez (1-2) retired the first 15 batters en route to the third complete game and third shutout of his career. He struck out four, walked none and threw 90 pitches. "Talk about efficiency," manager Mike Redmond said. "In the first inning you could sense the intensity, and the way he was executing his pitches, you could tell he was on a mission." Alvarez said he was mindful in the early innings of his shot at a second no-hitter. "I thought about it, but I was concentrating on getting outs," Alvarez said in Spanish. The Mariners lost their fifth game in a row and were shut out for the fourth time. "This is a tough stretch for us," manager Lloyd McClendon said. "Everybody in baseball goes through tough stretches, and we just happen to have ours now. Weve got to grind it out and keep our heads up and keep going." Alvarez generated more offence than Seattle, driving in a run with a two-out broken-bat single in the sixth off rookie Roenis Elias to make it 3-0. The hit left Alvarez shaking his right hand in pain. "He jammed me hard," he said. "I thought I broke all five fingers when I got to first base." Elias (1-2) allowed six runs in 5 2-3 innings. Marcell Ozuna had a three-run homer, his third, and an RBI single to hike his average to .343. Adeiny Hechavarria contributed three hits, scored twice and made two fine plays at shortstop. Christian Yelich doubled to extend his hitting streak to 13 games. The Mariners had eight left-handers in the lineup against Alvarez, but that didnt faze the right-hander, who retired the side in order for five innings before Dustin Ackley singled to shallow left-centre on the first pitch of the sixth. The pitch was a sinker called by catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia. "That wasnt the pitch I wanted to throw," Alvarez said. "It was a little high. I wanted to throw a changeup down." After the crowd of 24,003 gave Alvarez a warm ovation, Ackley was erased on a double play. Mike Zunino doubled with one out in the ninth for the Mariners other hit before Alvarez closed out the Marlins first complete game this year. He lowered his ERA from 4.30 to 2.66. "He was keeping the ball down and hitting his spots," Saltalamacchia said. "If he missed, he missed away. In his last few starts he left balls up in the zone a little bit." Alvarez, who turned 24 Friday, reached 96 mph on the scoreboard radar gun and had good command of his sinker. He went to three balls on only one batter, and induced 17 groundball outs. "When you run into a guy thats got three or four pitches working and hes a power pitcher, its going to be tough," McClendon said. "Youre probably going to have a long night. Thats the way it was." The dominating performance was reminiscent of Alvarezs no-hitter on the final day of last season, when Miami scored in the bottom of the ninth to beat Detroit 1-0. That was the first time a no-hitter was secured with a walk-off wild pitch to bring home the winning run, and Alvarez was in the on-deck circle at the time. NOTES: Marlins 2B Rafael Furcal (hamstring) will begin a rehabilitation assignment Monday with Double-A Jacksonville. ... Marlins RHP Jacob Turner (shoulder) is scheduled to make his first rehab start Wednesday for Class A Jupiter. ... The Mariners Corey Hart was given the night off. ... Seattle RHP Brandon Maurer and Marlins RHP Kevin Slowey are scheduled to make their first starts of the season Sunday. Kurt Warner Youth Jersey .com) - Avery Bradley scored 21 points and the Boston Celtics beat the Brooklyn Nets, 89-81. Justin Pugh Womens Jersey . Bryce Harper? He also came into Wednesday without a long ball and hadnt driven in a run. He was hitting .160, had nearly three times as many strikeouts as hits and was dropped to seventh in the batting order. http://www.nflcardinalsrookiestore.com/Cardinals-Zach-Allen-Jersey/ . When a game is in the balance, however, they still have the personnel and the experience to end up with the two points.EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - The NFL and personnel at MetLife Stadium had a Super Bowl pop quiz on snow removal less than two weeks before the title game between the Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks. The league and stadium officials decided to use a winter storm that dumped a foot or more of snow in the New York City metropolitan area Tuesday as somewhat of a dress rehearsal to see how quickly they could clean the 80,000-seat facility that will hold the first outdoor Super Bowl in cold weather. NFL executive vice-president Eric Grubman said Wednesday an 18-hour time limit was set for removing the snow from the stadium, surrounding parking lots and access roads in the Meadowlands sports complex, where the game will be played Feb. 2. Grubman refused to speculate whether the storm that snarled roads, closed schools and had states of emergency in New Jersey, New York City and some surrounding areas would have caused the Super Bowl to be postponed. He said that would be a decision made by state authorities. Grubman, however, said the league has several contingency plans for the game, including moving it up to Friday or Saturday, pushing it back to Monday or adjusting the scheduled start on Sunday deal with the weather. The game is scheduled to start at 6:25 p.m. EST. "Based on the long-range forecast, all that I would even hazard to guess is that it is probably going to be cold. I doubt we are going to have an unusual warm spell," Grubman said at the news conference originally called to showcase how the stadium was preparing for the Super Bowl. The snowstorm on Tuesday was a fortuitous coincidence for the cold-weather Super Bowl. MetLife spokeswoman Nicole Fountain said the stadium and its contractors had 1,300 workers removing the 13 inches of snow that fell in and around the stadium. The crews started removal at around 8 a.m. and had sections of the stadium and most of the tarp-covered field cleared by noon. During this past season, the crews removed six inches of wet, iced-packed snow in roughly 12 hours before a Seahawks-Giants game on Dec. 15, Ron VanDeVeen,, the stadiums senior vice-president of events said Wednesday. Byron Murphy Cardinals Jersey. The snow being removed Wednesday was not as heavy, he said. Grubman said the league is prepared to play the game even if there is still some snow in the stands. "Games are played with snow all the time," he said. "Its not just MetLife Stadium. I think the crowd will be an exceptional crowd and they will enjoy the game. I dont think they will be fazed by a little bit of snow on their seats, if thats what comes to pass. We aim to not have that happen, but if it happens, its sort of what happens in NFL stadiums all the time." Grubman also displayed warm welcome kits that fans will receive entering the stadium on game day. Cushions hold the kit items which included ear and hand muffs, mittens, a hat, neck warmers, lip balm and other items. "The warm welcome kit was designed to make fans comfortable," he said, "and to have those last-minute items that they may not think about." Grubman also advised fans to dress in layers for the game. He said there will be warming areas in the stadium should anyone need them. The storm that hit the area Tuesday stretched from Kentucky to New England. "If you are going to have one, and you are going to have it 10 days out, were going to make use of it," Grubman said of the storm. "The silver lining is we are running ourselves through a rigorous dress rehearsal." Grubman said the league was gathering information from law enforcement authorities about how the emergency conditions might have affected the game had it been played Tuesday. The two groups will go over the information soon. Whatever happens, the league is ready to deal with all scenarios, Grubman said. "Some people will say perfection will be a nice little dusting of snow in the third quarter," Grubman said. "Other people will say perfection will be 40 degrees in early February with the sun shining until sundown at 5:35 or 5:45 or 6:20 on Sunday, the second. "I think it is really up to the individual." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz