Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 39 mal aufgerufen
 Torwache
jokergreen0220 Offline

19.03.2020 09:54
the 2013-14 season. Antworten

After claiming her first WTA Tour title on Sunday, British No 1 Johanna Konta will be aiming to break into the worlds Top 10, says Barry Cowan. Calgary Flames Shirts . Konta became the first British woman to win the Bank of the West Classic in Stanford since Sue Barker in 1977, and now rises to a career-high No 14 in the world after the 7-5 5-7 6-2 victory against Venus Williams. Konta wins first WTA title Johanna Konta wins first WTA Tour title, beating Venus Williams in Stanford In June 2015 she was ranked 147th, but a dramatic improvement in form has seen her reach the semi-finals of Januarys Australia Open, and at Eastbourne in June. The 25-year-old turned in one of her best performances of a remarkable season against the Wimbledon semi-finalist and Cowan feels that Konta will now hope to impress at the US Open. Im so pleased that she put in a performance that she did to win her first title, said the Sky Sports tennis expert. I think its huge because I felt it was slightly disappointing at Wimbledon, not that she played badly, but I thought she was potentially in the mix to go really far.Her performance last week in beating Dominika Cibulkova and then Venus Williams, closing in on the top 10, shes now there or thereabouts.When you become an elite player, and Jo is that now, she would have felt being seeded in the top 16, that there was a real chance for her to go deep into the second week at Wimbledon. She lost to Eugenie Bouchard, who obviously wasnt the player she was, but who did play well, but you rebound back and shes absolutely done that in her first tournament back and now she can look forward to the US Open.It all started at Flushing Meadows for Konta as her winning run of 16 matches was ended with defeat by fifth seed Petra Kvitova in the fourth round.She followed that up by making her first ever Grand Slam semi-final in Australia this year although she failed to make an impression at the French Open and at the All England Club this summer. I remember thinking when she had that great run at the US Open that it wasnt a flash in the pan, Cowan said. I thought that here was someone who wasnt one of those players where everything clicked for two weeks and the rest of the year she would struggle for results.Its obviously been a stepping stone and she continues to have great results and clearly has her head screwed on properly. Shes not getting ahead of herself.Apart from Serena Williams there is no one else who is locked in to make a semi-final or a final of a Grand Slam. Kontas remarkable rise We take an in-depth look at British sensation Johanna Konta I think Konta is there with all the others, she has a good a chance as anyone else, apart from Serena.I think shes definitely top 10.Check out daily Tennis news on skysports.com/tennis, our app for mobile devices and iPad and our Twitter account @skysportstennis.By purchasing a Sky Sports Day Pass for £6.99 or Sky Sports Week Pass for £10.99, you can enjoy access to all seven Sky Sports channels and watch on a TV with a NOW TV Box or on a range of devices. Also See: Konta wins first WTA title Kontas remarkable rise WTA Schedule Tennis on Sky Up to £30 Free Matched Bet Video Stitched Flames Jerseys . According to a report from ESPN, the Green Bay Packers have re-signed the cornerback to a four-year, $39 million deal with a $12. Flames Jerseys China . With the suspension, Nigeria is unable to take part in any kind of international fixtures. FIFA had issued a warning to the NFF last week after the federation was served with court proceedings from the government that prevented the NFFs president from running the NFFs day-to-day affairs. https://www.cheapflames.com/ .com) - The Los Angeles Dodgers made it official Tuesday and signed pitcher Brandon McCarthy to a four-year contract.NEW YORK, N.Y. - Larry Sanders of the Milwaukee Bucks was suspended without pay for a minimum of 10 games Friday for violating the NBAs anti-drug program.The suspension by the league will begin Monday when the Bucks host the Toronto Raptors. It will continue until hes in full compliance with his treatment program.It is the second suspension for violating the leagues anti-drug program in less than a year. Sanders missed the final five games of the 2013-14 season; the centre said he was penalized for using marijuana.Sanders has had a checkered history since signing a four-year, $44 million contract extension before the 2013-14 season.The 6-foot-11 shot-blocking centre also missed time last season for 27 games with a fracture near the eye. He was also sidelined 25 games last season after surgery on his right thumb following an injury from a bar fight.Sanders hasnt played since a Dec. 23 loss to Charlotte, having missed the last 11 games. The Bucks first said it was because of the flu before attributing his absence to personal reasons.We are disappointed to learn the news of Larrys suspension. We will continue to work with Larry and the league to ensure he has the support he needs, the Bucks said in a statement Friday night. Calgary Flames Store. Speaking before a loss to Phoenix on Jan. 6, Sanders didnt go into detail about the reason behind his absence.Without these things being corrected, I dont think basketball will be something I can even do, he said then.He said it was false to speculate he might walk off the court for good.But what is true, he said, is that Im in the process of working things out now to do as best for my psyche and my physical health going forward. Theres a lot of evaluating going on. Theres a lot of inside talk just to put myself in the best place for my health right now.Sanders was taken with the 15th overall pick by Milwaukee in the 2010 NBA draft. He was averaging 7.3 points and 6.1 rebounds a game this season for the surprising Bucks.A year after winning just 15 games, Milwaukee is 21-19 in Jason Kidds first year as coach of the Bucks despite the absence of Sanders and a season-ending left knee injury last month to rookie Jabari Parker, the second overall pick last years draft. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz