Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 53 mal aufgerufen
 Torwache
jokergreen0220 Offline

28.09.2019 03:56
after my cardiac arrest Antworten

Thursday night, the Blue Jays not only dropped out of first place in the American League East, they also fell below the threshold of qualifying for either of the two Wild Card spots in the American League. Fake China Jerseys . Their 4-1 loss at Oakland to kick off the 10-game road trip coupled with Baltimores 5-2 win at home over Texas put the Jays in secondnd place place in the East, one percentage point back of the Orioles. It also dropped them behind the second and third place teams in the West, the Angels and the Mariners, who now hold those Wild Card slots. With 75 games still to play, its really too early to stress over that, but it did get me thinking about the West. Major League Baseball didnt come to the left coast until 1958 when the New York Giants and the Brooklyn Dodgers moved there in tandem to cash in on a new and expanding market. The American League didnt get a west coast club until the league expanded in 1961 adding the Los Angeles Angels and the new Washington Senators, essentially replacing the team that moved to Minnesota. There have been 53 seasons where it was possible for two west coast teams to have met in the World Series, from 1961 through 2013. Over that span there have only been four true western World Series. In 1974, the Oakland As won their third Fall Classic in a row, beating the Dodgers 4 games to 1. In 1988, 14 years later, Orel Hershizer, Kirk Gibson and the rest of the Dodgers upset Oakland 4 games to 1. The following year, 1989 in the infamous "Earthquake" series, the As swept the Giants in four-straight. Finally in 2002, the Angels beat Barry Bonds and the Giants in seven games for their one and only World Series title in their 42nd year of existence. Two teams that have never met in the World Series are the Dodgers and the Angels. Could it possibly happen this year? Well, its not so far-fetched. The Dodgers have won seven of their last 10 and have climbed over the Giants into first in the NL West by a half-game. They also have the second-best record in the National League to Milwaukee. The Dodgers hitting stats are pretty impressive. Theyve scored 367 runs, fourth in the Senior Circuit, but second to Milwaukee in terms of teams holding playoff positions, They are third in team batting average in the National at .257 and third in OPS at .729. But its in the pitching department where they really impress. They are second in pitching ERA to Washington at 3.23. Theyve made 57 quality starts and four of their five starters have won at least eight games. The other, Josh Beckett has five wins and a no-hitter to his credit. The leader of the staff, and the best pitcher in the Majors right now, Clayton Kershaw, has nine victories and a no-hitter, in a near perfect game of his own. They have some flaws and a worrisome shoulder issue with shortstop Hanley Ramirez, but right now, the Dodgers look like the best all-around team in the National League with apologies to the Brewers. Over in the American League, the Angels have won eight of their last 11 and have closed to within three-and-a-half games back of Oakland in the West. They have latched on to that first Wild Card slot. The Halos are second in hitting in the American League behind the As. They have scored 408 runs, four more than the Blue Jays with three games in hand. Theyre also tied with Oakland in home runs with 91. They also have a .749 OPS behind only the Tigers and Blue Jays. The Angels pitching staff isnt as deep as the Dodgers, but their top three starters Jared Weaver, C.J Wilson and Garrett Richards have combined for 26 wins. They are fourth in team ERA in the AL at 3.86 and have made 47 quality starts. Their bullpen has been up and down, but skipper Mike Scioscia is hoping Joe Smith and Jason Grilli, who was just picked up from Pittsburgh, can do the job at closing time. The big plus-factor with both the Angels and Dodgers is hungry ownership. Arte Moreno bought the Angels from Disney in 2003, the year after they won that World Series over the Giants, They havent been back to the Fall Classic under his stewardship. The Dodgers ownership group, which includes Magic Johnson, bought the club in 2012 for a record $2 billion. They are determined to win a championship, something the Dodgers havent done since 1988. The Angels, who have played out of Orange County for the bulk of their existence have nearly always played second fiddle to the Dodgers in the L.A. market. The Dodgers hold the single game attendance record of 115,300, when they played their season opener at the old Memorial Coliseum as part of a charity fund-raising event. But the Angels are no slouches in the attendance department either. Last year marked their 11th-straight season of drawing at least 3 million fans. They have also had 30 seasons of drawing 2 million, which is second in Major League history to only the mighty Yankees. We havent had a so-called "Cross-town" World Series since 2000, when the Yankees beat the Mets in the battle of New York. The White Sox and Cubs havent done it since 1906, when the " no-hit wonder " White Sox defeated the Cubs. These kinds of match-ups are few and far between.They used to be commonplace in the early 20s and late 40s and throughout the 50s, when the Yankees, Dodgers and Giants all held sway in New York. Im not saying the Angels and Dodgers are definately going to meet in the World Series, but there is a decent shot, and it would provide some great storylines and some compelling viewing and listening. - The Yankees are a hard team to get a handle on. Theyre sitting at .500 at 42-42 in the A.L. East and theyve lost five more than theyve won at home.Yet for all of that, in Derek Jeters final season, they are still only three-and-a-half games back of the Orioles and Jays in the division. Still, what appears to be the weakest Yankees team in four decades will have to decide soon whether to become a buyer or seller at the July 31st non-waiver trade deadline. The new that C.C Sabathia has been shut down indefinately with a flair up of his swollen knee again, has got to have them thinking about next year and beyond. Still, they are the Yankees and this is Jeters final season. Stay tuned. Wholesale Custom Jerseys . Vettel only needs to finish fifth or better Sunday to wrap up the championship with three races remaining, and bettered his own lap record to claim his third straight pole at Buddh International Circuit. Cheap Jerseys 2020 . Dougie Hamilton and Jordan Caron scored in the first period after the Red Wings had miscues on the ice and Tuukka Rask finished with a 23-save shutout, giving Boston a 3-0 win over the Red Wings and a 2-1 series lead in their first-round series. http://www.jerseyscheapcustom.com/ .D. Martinezs ninth-inning sacrifice fly scored Torii Hunter with the winning run and the Detroit Tigers beat the Minnesota Twins 4-3 Sunday."Disbelief" is what former Detroit Red Wings defenceman Jiri Fischer felt upon learning the news of Rich Peverleys cardiac arrest on Monday night. Now the Red Wings director of player development, Fischer joined TSN 1050 on Tuesday to reflect on his own cardiac arrest that ended his career in 2005 and the road that lies ahead for Peverley. During a Nov. 21, 2005 game against the Nashville Predators, a then 25-year-old Fischer collapsed on the Detroit bench and fell into cardiac arrest. After being unconscious for six minutes, he was revived through CPR and the use of a defibrillator. Fischer never played again. Monday nights incident brought back vivid memories for Fischer. "When I compare the two [scenarios], after my cardiac arrest I watched it many times, it looks scarily similar and the way the staff reacted, leading with [Red Wings team physician] Tony Colucci, they saved my life," said Fischer. "The way Dallas staff saved Rich last night, it was impressive. They didnt hesitate. The urgency in saving his life without the panic. I really hope that anybody who goes through sudden cardiac arrest, that they get the same care. I know its wishful thinking, but I was really impressed with what theyve done in Dallas to save Richs life." Through Stars GM Jim Nill, a long time member of the Red Wings front office, Fischer got Peverleys contact information on Tuesday. Fischer said he made sure to ask Nill about how Peverleys wife was coping. "My fiancee went through the cardiac arrest with me and its hard," explained Fischer. "Its hard for everyone who loves the survivor. In my case, it was my fiancee and my parents being overseas and then flying over a couple days later. Its hard and its one thing to have to go through cardiac arrest, but its another thing when people who love us have to witness it. Its a feeling of hopelessness and really wanting to help and not being able to do anything. "Its life-changing, so I reached out to Rich and sent him a message. He wasnt available on the phone. (Back then) I didnt want to talk to anybody for days. Its chaos, so I hope that hes going to be okay and if we do chat, it will be great. It would be really nice." Fischer related that when he went through his cardiac arrest, it was one of the first of its kind in the sporting world and there wasnt much to go on in terms of comparables. In many ways, Fischers recovery and the decision to end his playing career were the first of its kind in the sport. "There wasnt a sample of a thousand professional athletes who had the same condition to say you should play, you shouldnt play, everytthing is fine or things are no good," said Fischer. Custom Jerseys China. "It was a gray area and I just wanted to play and I kept playing. Obviously, with having a pre-existing condition and then going through cardiac arrest, it was just no. That decision was made by medical personnel and I have a heart abnormality and, on paper, I never cleared it and I pushed it for years and years and years. Its been eight years later now and still, the heart hasnt changed. My playing days are over." Now 33, Fischer thinks back to the early days after his cardiac arrest and what was to become of his career and remembers becoming angered over something written by TSNs Bob McKenzie. "Ill never forget, Bob McKenzie had an article he wrote right after my cardiac arrest that Fischers career is over and hes never going to play again," said the Czech Republic native. "It made me angry. He was right. This guy was absolutely right. And me, the naive athlete, thinking that everything was going to be okay because people saved my life and Im going to go back to playing. That doesnt happen in reality. Obviously, like I said [Rich and I] are different, no two situations are the same, but I know one thing: when Tony saved my life, he didnt want to go through it again. I didnt want to go through it again and the decision was made and it was made pretty quickly." Still, Fischer thinks of all the good that has come of the fallout from his cardiac arrest and the lives that have been saved. "To me, its celebrating life," said Fischer. "Every tragedy is the start of something new. Its something different and something new. My incident started this whole avalanche of good things. The Heart and Stroke Foundation really got behind the cause and, eight years later, so many people have been saved because the Heart and Stroke Foundation viewed my incident as something that can help people down the road. Theyve placed thousands of defibrillators in public places throughout Canada and the same motions have happened through various foundations in the United States. Now there is a protocol for what needs to happen. Doctors from every NHL team, they need to be either around the locker room or really close by to the bench. Everybody in the NHL, every franchise, they have to have an external defibrillator as part of their medical equipment." While Peverleys situation has yet to be resolved, Fischer is again hopeful. "This is the second time around and, firstly, I really hope Rich is okay and at the same time I really hope that because this has generated so much interest, good things are going to come out of it again." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz